Bad Credit Mortgage FAQs
Below we have listed the most common queries we get asked by bad credit mortgage applicants.
Boosting your credit score is something that takes time, so it is advisable to get started as soon as possible. Upon examining your credit file, you may notice discrepancies that can be brought to the attention of those responsible. If corrected due to inaccuracies, this will be reflected immediately with an improved credit score.
Other than this, the most effective ongoing strategies for building better credit include the following:
- Paying all bills and debts on time
- Adding your name to the electoral roll
- Avoiding consolidation where possible
- Using loans and credit cards responsibly
- Not applying for too many lending facilities
- Keeping on top of your debts
- Avoiding payday loans
As all of these things take time, it is unlikely that taking action today will result in your qualification for a standard mortgage in the near future.