Residential Property Finance
Whether you are building your first single property or moving onto a subsequent large-scale housing scheme, we have the direct experience to find you the perfect residential property finance deal for your particular scheme.
Our experienced team will help you to draw up a finance plan which looks at all eventualities and then matches the most suitable lender for your requirements. Everyone involved in building houses knows that having the right property development lender by your side from day 1 will help to work through your scheme smoothly and will avoid potential issues further down the line – and we have the experience to find your perfect development finance partner.
We cover the whole of the market from High Street Banks to niche development finance funders to ensure we get the most suitable funding package for you.
How will a residential property development deal be structured?
For most development deals there will be an initial drawdown of funds to allow the purchase of the land/property and then a series of additional drawdowns as the development progresses.
Whilst every deal is different, we can look to secure the following:
- 75% loan against the purchase price (100% if additional security is available)
- 100% of build costs**
- Interest Rates from 3.5% Plus Base Rate p.a.
** Please note – build costs are paid in arrears so you will need to be able to fund the initial build costs from your own resources – the lender will then provide funding once the build has commenced
** If, however, you already own the land/property then we will be able to provide 100% of your build costs which will include a drawdown on Day 1 (based upon the value of the land you already own) and so it is very likely that you will not need to provide additional funds.
How much will the overall cost of the property development finance be?
We have devised our own calculator which enables you to input the specific terms of your deal and see exactly how much the finance package will cost and how much profit you will potentially make on the deal. The calculator is on the Home page so please have a go – and if you need any help then give us a call.
How do residential property development deals work?
- We will assess your requirements and collect the relevant paperwork (including planning permission, drawings/plans, CV (to demonstrate experience), build cost schedule etc)
- We will discuss your requirements and add our views to your plans – we have done this many times before so we can add value
- Having agreed the funding requirements we will then get to work! Using our vast range of funding options we will find the most appropriate finance package for you and report back with our recommendations. It is important to look at the overall package on offer, not just the cost (although we will obviously get you’re the most competitive rates/fees). In our experience, the cheapest option is not always the best.
- Once you are happy to proceed we will work with you to provide the lender with any additional documents they may need and liaise with all the professionals involved in the transaction including solicitors, valuers, surveyors, environmental specialists etc. One of our major strengths is that we know how to deal with these professionals in order to get through the issues which will invariably arise ensuring matters are dealt with in a speedy manner.
- As the legal process moves towards completion, we will maintain contact with the lender to ensure that on the day of completion everyone is clear on the structure of the financial package and fully understands how the deal will work. Our experience dictates that there will be issues which arise during the valuation/legal process and we are here to guide you through anything which comes along.
- Once the initial drawdown takes place (either for purchase of the land or initial build costs) we will be on hand to ensure everything is in order and your project can commence.
- Throughout the project we will be on hand to advise you and ensure the finance package runs as expected. Whatever the issues which arise, we have most likely seen them before!
- Once you have completed your development project we will be delighted to look at funding your next one.